Smoothies are among the things that may feel witty to go looking for their recipes. As in milk, berries, bananas, what is difficult in blending such? However, until you make a terrible hemp protein smoothie, you realize how that recipe would help you. It is not all about mixing the ingredient. It would be best if you got the quantities right. Besides, you also need to know the elements that will optimize the flavor.
Hemp seeds are excellent sources of essential fats and proteins. Vegetarians and fanatics of plant-based protein should give the hemp seeds a try. You can sprinkle some on top of salads, oatmeal, or yogurt. However, you can also make smoothies from the hemp seeds and benefit from the hemp protein. It is an ideal drink for a hot afternoon.
Hemp Protein Smoothie Components
There are many fruits that you can choose to make your hemp smoothie. Berries are the most common. However, you can also use bananas or avocado. You can also skip the fruit and use something else, such as chocolate. It depends on the smoothie you are making.
You can use peanut butter, vanilla yogurt, or almond butter as a thickener in hemp smoothies. If you like thinner smoothies, you can reduce the thickener’s amount or even fail to use it completely.
3. Choose a liquid
You can use almond or coconut milk. Sometimes, whole juice or whole milk results in a perfect taste, although it depends on your preference. In case you skip a thickener in your smoothie, you need to use less liquid.
You can improve the nutritional value of the hemp protein smoothie by adding some kale or spinach. You can also use flavors such as cinnamon, vanilla extract, honey, or fresh mint.
Chocolate Hemp Seed Smoothie
- 11/2 ripe bananas
- Two cups almond milk (Unsweetened)
- 11/2 tablespoons cacao powder (Raw)
- One tablespoon hemp seeds
- Quarter teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Three large ice cubes
- Blend everything at high speed until smooth.
Chia Hemp Green Smoothie
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups baby kale
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- One banana
- 4-6 dates (Pitted)
- 31/2 cups almond milk (Unsweetened)
- Firstly, blend all the ingredients.
- Continue until smooth and creamy.
- Serve and enjoy instantly.
Kale, Banana and Chia Hemp Protein Smoothie
- Three-quarters of almond milk (Unsweetened)
- One pitted date
- One tablespoon hemp seeds (Shelled)
- Half mid-size banana (Ripe)
- Half tablespoon chia seeds
- Three quarter cup baby spinach or kale
- One cup ice
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
Strawberry Hemp Protein Smoothie
- One cup of milk (organic)
- 1 cup of vanilla milk (organic)
- A cup of strawberries
- 1 cup of other berries (you can use raspberries, blackberries, etc.)
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- Quarter cup hemp seeds
- Two pitted dates ( Optional)
- Pulse all the ingredients. You do it in a blender until they form a slush.
- Then, blend until smooth and creamy.
Cashew Hemp Protein Smoothie
- Eight ounces non-dairy milk (Almond, cashew, etc.)
- Three tablespoon hemp protein powder
- One tablespoon cashew butter
- One banana
- One tablespoon hemp seeds (Optional)
- Two tablespoons instant coffee (Optional)
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth. It takes around 5-10 seconds.
If you choose to use fruit to make a hemp protein smoothie, a frozen one is the best for smoothies. It makes a thicker blend and adds that cold experience for an enjoyable drink. You can freeze fresh fruit for half an hour in case a frozen one is not available. Besides, you can also use fresh fruit but add a cup of ice.
Leave a comment