Most people are conversant with peanut, cashew, macadamia, and almond butter. The most favored among all is the peanut butter. However, the problem is usually allergic reactions that come with some proteins such as soy and dairy. But there is a new product in the list: hemp seed butter.
Hemp butter is a product of the hemp seeds. They have no reported allergies. Hemp butter is becoming more popular in the market. In addition to its excellent nutritional value, it is also a powerful antioxidant. The property results from its rich concentration of chlorophyll, which is even noticeable through its dark green tint.
5 Hemp Seed Butter recipes to Make at Home
1. Basic Hemp Seed Butter
It is the original type of hemp seed butter. It is the purest form and still offers the nutritional benefits of the hemp seeds.
- Two tablespoons of refined oil
- 11/2 pounds of hemp seeds
- Half teaspoon of cooking salt
- A sweetener (optional)
- Place the hemp seeds in the blender.
- Then, add the cooking salt.
- After that, blend.
- Pour the refined oil in small amounts to help in blending the butter.
- Taste the butter after getting your preferred consistency
- Lastly, add the sweetener until you obtain your preferred flavor.
2. Hemp Seed Peanut Butter
Peanut butter is reputable for its yummy taste and high protein content. The hemp seeds pair very well with the peanuts. The butter is excellent if you are working on your muscles.
- Six tablespoons of hemp seeds (Shelled)
- 11/2 cups of peanut butter
- 3-4 tablespoons of refined oil
- Put the peanut butter on a glass bowl. Then, put it in a microwave for 15 seconds (Short bursts). Stir it thoroughly in between the intervals. Ensure the peanut butter is consistent.
- After that, pour the oil and hemp seeds and stir them with a fork. The three components usually mix well since the butter is warm.
- Lastly, place the butter in a sealed jar and refrigerate.
3. Chocolate Hemp Seed Butter
The recipe resembles making Nutella, but this time using hemp seeds. You can use the butter as an easy or nutritious dessert.
- One cup of hemp seed
- One tablespoon of cocoa powder
- A quarter cup of milk (Non-dairy such as almond, cashew, or coconut)
- 11/2 tablespoons of honey (You can use maple syrup instead)
- Firstly, pour the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- After that, taste for flavor. You can add more cocoa powder or sweetener to your preferred finish.
4. Cinnamon Hemp Seed Butter
Cinnamon is a tasty ingredient that can convert everything into a yummy experience. Once you add the hemp seeds, you can’t resist the taste.
- Half cup of hemp seed butter
- Half teaspoon of cinnamon
- A quarter teaspoon of nutmeg
- Two teaspoons of honey
- A quarter teaspoon of salt (optional)
- Pour all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Then, stir with a wide spoon until they mix smoothly.
- Place in a sealed container and refrigerate
5. Maple Hemp Seed Butter
Adding dates and maple gives the butter a balanced sweet flavor.
- One cup of hemp seeds
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3-4 tablespoons of refined oil
- Two pitted dates (ripe and soft)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender.
- Then, blend at high speed until the butter starts to thicken.
- Lastly, add some refined oil to smoothen the texture. In case you want a chunkier butter, stop blending just before you achieve the smooth texture.
The hemp seeds contain omega 3 and omega 6 acids, which makes them more fragile. Therefore, do not blend at low speed, thinking that the butter will be more creamy and delicious. It ends up damaging the seeds and makes them goopy and sticky butter. Unless that is your preferred product, you should not turn the speed on low.