How to make hemp oil soap ?
How to make hemp oil soap ?
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
You can make hemp soap at home the same way you make any other homemade soap.
The recipe I found has hemp seed oil, coconut oil, virgin olive oil, lye, and any other extra you would like to add, i.e., food coloring, flowers, herbs, and essential oils.
The process is straightforward. It would help if you dissolved the lye in ice-cold water until it is clear. BE CAREFUL WITH LYE, wear protective gear, and do not be on the mixture while stirring. Lye can burn when coming into contact with skin before it is fully dissolved in the water.
Once the lye mixture is clear, melt all the oils together in a pot and gently pour the mixture into the lye. Mix everything until all incorporated.
Now you can add all your mixins and scents to your liking.
Pour the mixture into your soap molds and let sit overnight. If the soap is still soft and warm, let sit for another 12 hours, and your soap should be all ready to use.
Here is a recipe to make hemp soap at home:
8oz hemp oil
8oz shea butter
8oz olive oil
12oz cold water
4.5oz lye beads
fragrances and essential oils of your choice
Add the lye to cold water.
Heat you shea butter, hemp oil, olive oil, and coconut oil to 100C.
Add the lye, water mix at 100C, and mix until thick.
Now add your fragrances and essential oils.
Pour into a soap mold and cover with plastic, allow to sit for 24 to 48 hours.
Cut into bars of your desired size.
Lots of recipes for hemp oil soap on the internet, but basically, you need some clean water, sodium hydroxide (lye) beads, hemp seed oil, coconut oil, shea butter, olive oil, vitamin, and essential oils.
There are many different ways to make soaps.
When making hemp soaps, it usually consists of a mixture of water, sodium hydroxide (lye), of course, hemp seed oil, and some other bases like coconut oil, shea butter, EVOO, vitamin-e (for your skin) and whatever essential oils and fragrances you’d like to add.
You’ll want to get some protective goggles and gloves as you’ll be dealing with lye and heated elements.
There are some great tutorials to making these soaps on youtube, but I will briefly go over the steps here.
1. In a bucket or jug of water, add your lye slowly. Mix slowly as you add the lye until it’s completely dissolved.
2. In a pan, gently heat your coconut oil, shea butter, and hemp oil ( do not exceed 10 degrees celsius)
3. In a second pan, heat the vitamin e and EVOO.
4. Once heated, combine all contents into the pan and stir.
5. Once oils are thoroughly mixed, turn off the heat and slowly add your water and lye mixture while stirring.
6. A very important part of the process. You’ll want to mix your solution until you have found the “Trace.” The Trace is when everything is optimally mixed, and it will leave behind a “trace” on your stirrer if you dip it in the mixture and pull it out. If there is no “trace,” then you need to keep stirring.
7. This is the point where you can play jazz and add whatever fragrances and essential oils that you’d like to add.
8. After that, take your soaps and add them to your molds, and set to cool.
9. Your soaps should be ready after a few days, but to make sure all the lye is removed, it’s best to wait a couple of weeks.
I hope this helps!